Skill and Knowledge Profile
Aginity has immediate openings for two people in Product Management….one junior and the other senior. However, the overall profile is similar and we’ll sort out where you fit after our thorough interview process. Truth is, we struggle to pick a single job title descriptor because it is such a rich role. It is part data architect, part software developer, part technical writer, part consultant, part mathematician, but all CRM / consumer behavioral analytics. Rather, just call it TPM-BDAS-CRM and wait for someone who is smart enough to self-select into our “Doug, Dan, and Ted’s Big Data Adventure”. (They are the Player/Coach Partners of Aginity).
Let’s get a few big “ifs” out of the way so you can decide if Aginity might be the answer to your question: “Where do I next take my career”?
- If data makes you tick…like a precision-engineered clock…
- If building ‘big data’ intellectual property is a rewarding “next step”…
- If you have an excellent academic and professional experience pedigree…
- If you are inquisitive, self-demanding, and ambitious…
…then we should talk, because we are doing uncommonly interesting big data work in the customer intelligence & predictive analytics space. Fear not for you will not be stuck in the engine room doing long-term (and mindless) support of legacy systems.
The role requires approximately up to a sustained 25% travel around the continental U.S.
In our narrative below, we use the word “like” intentionally. We do not present a comprehensive list of all the skills that might be relevant for our work nor must you have everything we list. We are building a team and looking for long-term players with vast meta-skills to excel. We evaluate candidates by placing your uniqueness into our context to determine if and how the pieces fit together. The right candidate is able to abstract from the samples below to help determine if he/she might be a “unique fit” for Aginity.
Your Responsibilities Include Things Like:
- Defining and developing digital marketing solutions to run on our “CIA” product stack.
- Working with product development to sequence functionality into an Agile build methodology.
- Authoring detailed product technical designs
- Working with the product development team to validate database marketing analytics features and functionality and to craft user stories for new functionality.
- Contributing innovative features ideas to continuously refine our product suite based on market need.
You Have Experience and Skills Like:
- Very strong knowledge of database marketing and/or consumer and direct marketing – this one’s required.
- Business intelligence reporting
- Technical design of CRM software…any flavor and any delivery model.
- Email marketing
- Campaign management
- Advanced data analytics
- ETL design
- Market segmentation
- Database / direct marketing
- Behavioral analytics
- Conceptual, logical, physical data modeling
- Software / database development experience.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher.
- 3 – 6 years’ experience.
You Are an “Industry Insider” from a Company Like:
- Marketing Service Providers (MSPs), Database Marketing Firms, Credit Marketing
- KBM Group
You May Have Held Titles Like:
- Data or Business Intelligence Architect
- Technical Product Manager
- Marketing Database Analyst
- Technical Lead / Consultant