Analyze data from a simple and fast cloud data warehouse with Aginity’s unique SQL tools.
Amazon Redshift is a fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service in the cloud. Easy to configure, mange and extend, Redshift is a great platform to accelerate your analytic insights.
A powerful data warehouse solution
Easily find your previous SQL assets from your query history and analytics catalog
Develop features once for re-use across your machine learning models
Share your SQL work with your teammates securely
Use your SQL in a whole new way
– Save queries, relationships, and snippets once for reuse in SQL statements
– Find previous work in query history or your catalog
– Describe code with rich titles and descriptions help you remember why you wrote it in the first place
Easily design and maintain your data warehouse
– Create data models and schemas
– Analyze data across database platforms
– Reuse—don’t recode—your common SQL logic
Produce consistent reports quickly for your team
– Spend less time rewriting SQL and more time reusing it
– Define, document, and save common analytics in your personal catalog
– Efficiently re-run analysis and reports with consistent results
Spend more time training models and less time data wrangling
– Develop reusable features to train machine learning models
– Create flexible commonly used data cleansing SQL
– Use your SQL as objects to make complicated queries more simple
At CTA, we use Amazon Redshift to consolidate our other data silos for analysis and reporting. And for our ~80 user analyst community, we have standardized on Aginity for ad-hoc analysis and insights of that Redshift data. We originally evaluated a number of Amazon-compatible SQL IDE tools, but found that Aginity offered a service that our users could take advantage of with minimal support.
Data Import Challenge
Many of our users need to quickly upload spreadsheets or files of data for analysis and while other tools offer ability to import and export data, this often requires extra fees or was found to be a cumbersome and overly-technical implementation that was a challenge for less-technical end users.
Aginity’s wizard-driven approach makes this easy to quickly get data uploaded into S3/Redshift for ad-hoc analysis. This tool provided a set of guided steps that enable our less-technical end users to leverage it without many questions or issues.
CTA Analyst Onboarding
Because this use case is so pervasive, we have actually standardized our S3 buckets, Redshift sandboxes and IAM security so as new analysts are on-boarded and provided with Aginity, their accounts are all set up in a way that supports this ad-hoc upload-and-analyze approach.