A 90-Day Marketing Analytics Insourcing Journey
With Aginity Amp, the world’s largest eyewear company insourced seven years of customer data and marketing analytics in less than 90 days.
The world’s largest fashion and sports eyewear company has more than just stylish frames. It has 40 active brands in 130 countries. Because of the complexity of maintaining marketing analytics for so many brands, this company outsourced its analytics to a third-party service provider.
But this meant that the company did not have complete control over its complex ecosystem of customer and data analytics. Marketing was hampered by poor visibility into customer data and difficulty in personalizing marketing campaigns. The Marketing team also struggled to accurately identify the company’s most valuable customers.
Customer insight in less than 30 days
With Amp, it took 30 days to buy and start using IBM Campaign, rather than the 6+ months it would have taken to rewrite analytic logic within IBM Campaign itself. With Amp, the company could:
- Immediately enhance direct marketing capabilities. Marketing now can send 7x as many weekly campaigns, with no added staff.
- Leverage newly cataloged customer analytics. In Amp, the marketing team can easily find customer attributes such as purchase history, number of website visits.
- Deploy analytic logic to other applications. 80% of the analytic logic needed to run the company’s first direct marketing campaign was already available and easy to deploy to SAS® predictive modeling software and then into IBM Campaign.
- Ensure consistency among analytic applications including BI tools. Decisions could be made more quickly and confidently
- With outsourced analytics, the company had no control over its complex analytic ecosystem
- Customer and data analytics were scattered across systems
- Aginity Amp™ was selected for its unique analytics management software
- Deployed Amp on the IBM® PureData for Analytics™ (Netezza) platform
- Amp brought together business logic and data to create a multi-brand analytics environment
- With Amp, the IT team insourced, organized and cataloged its customer data and analytics (7 years & 6 brands)
- Amp brought value-add in less than 90 days that would have taken more than a year to realize
- The company learned that shoppers who frequented multiple brands were 2x more valuable than those who shopped one brand