B2B Content Marketing Writer
“Paperback writer, paperback writer,
Dear Sir or Madam, will you read my book.. err.. Job Posting?”
Sorry. We got carried away day-dreaming about a writing career that might have been. While a career with Aginity probably won’t garner the same acclaim achieved by the writer(s) of those words, we think we’ve got a page-turner opportunity for you.
Are you an accomplished professional who has a large corpus of B2B writing, but something is missing in your career? Let’s get several big “ifs” out of the way so you can decide if Aginity might be the answer to your question: “Where next shall I take my career”?
- If your writing could be used as an exemplar for “The Great American Whitepaper”…
- If you’re proud of that fact…
- If the challenge of communicating complex content makes your hands twitch (in a non-carpal tunnel inducing way)…
- If you have an excellent academic and professional experience pedigree…
- If you are inquisitive, self-demanding, and ambitious…
…then we should talk
We have a rich and complex story to tell the world. We need you to tell it creatively, persuasively, even with well-placed humor.
Without moving hand from keyboard, you will shift between the business and technical to craft prose that is informative and, dare we use the word in this context, moving. Expect to massively grow your body of work no matter what level you join our company.
You are part-writer, part-editor, All-Pro polisher of prose. Fear not! You will not be relegated to merely proofreading the work of others.
To excel at Aginity, you must crave the opportunity to have your “fingerprints” all over the company. We are small enough that there are no weeds in which to hide. Every person’s contribution counts. We are growing like a weed (but staying tidy) and are financially solid.
We do not here present a comprehensive list of every skill or deliverable that might be relevant to this position. We are building a team and looking for long-term players with vast meta-skills to excel. We evaluate a candidate by placing your unique skills into our context to determine if and how the pieces fit together. The right candidate is able to abstract from the samples below to help determine if he/she might be a “unique fit” for Aginity.
In collaboration Sales, Marketing, Product Management, and Executive management, author and/or edit:
- Website copy
- Scripts for conference and trade show presentations
- Product sell sheets
- Case studies
- Press releases
- RFIs and RFPs. This usually requires clever cleanup of the drafts written by less-skilled writers.
- Social marketing via blog and “POV” Tweets on behalf of our executives. This sometimes means molding quick-hit recorded interviews with our executives into publishable prose.
- Assist product development with documentation of User stories and Feature/Functions.
- And so on.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, English or related field
- A portfolio replete with excellent samples spanning the breadth and depth of our manifest needs.
- WordPress, Indesign, Powerpoint (et. al.) are helpful but even more important is a keen ability to learn new technology, fast.
- 4 to 8 years of experience in high-tech B2B writing
- Apply through LinkedIn or the Aginity website then send sample writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: B2B Content Marketing Writer. Aginity receives over 50 resumes per week in response to this post. To become the apple (*polite cough*) of our eye you must, must, must include samples of your work. Must. And, as Mom taught us, please and thank you.