Director of Marketing
Your job, if you choose to accept it is, “inventing desire” (to co-opt a phrase from the Chiat-Day book of 1993). Our product wins awards from IBM. It continues to change the way prestigious companies use and deploy analytics. We’re in the sweet spot of the wave creating a new category of software and we need you to ensure we stay in that spot and grow like mad.
Speaking of growth, we are small enough that there are no weeds in which to hide and every person’s contribution counts. We are growing like a weed—you can still fittingly call this a “ground-floor” opportunity led by entrepreneurs who have built successful companies. We reward well each one of our top performers.
Note well: Our revenue comes from high-end software sales which includes some implementation services. We seek only full-time, salaried and passionate colleagues. Aginity corporate headquarters are in suburban Chicago, but many of our employees live across the United States. Because this role is part of the executive leadership of the company, we require you to relocate to metro Chicago.
- Participate as a member of the company’s leadership team to provide strategic direction, guidance and mentorship to your colleagues.
- Drive our customer marketing efforts including customer advocacy programs, storytelling and customer engagement programs across channels.
- Work closely with sales and product management to achieve key strategic goals.
- Represent us in the media; serve as one of the main on-the-record spokespeople for the company.
- Develop strategy and shape our brand message externally and internally.
- Drive a comprehensive demand generation program strategy which includes integrated marketing campaigns.
- Establish quarterly lead generation targets and metrics to maintain and grow the lead database.
- Use Salesforce to measure, track and report on specific program performance, overall marketing performance and marketing return on spend.
- Develop, implement, measure and refine campaigns, including email, print, webinars, social media, content marketing, and automated outbound.
- Develop executive communications program, including speaking opportunities, contributed content, and thought leadership events.
- Work closely with senior leaders from our product management and development teams to ensure our brand message is effectively and consistently communicated.
- Collaborate with human resources and the executive team to develop and implement internal communications strategies to retain talent and support corporate culture.
- Build, mentor and motivate a high performing, high energy marketing team.
- The candidate we hire has a visible track record of generating revenue, from the sale of expensive B2B software, through the art and science of marketing.
- A portfolio of successful high-end B2B software products which excelled precisely because of your marketing savoir-faire.
- Experience in running a portfolio of successful demand generation programs, including inbound, outbound, and content marketing.
- 15 to 20 years of B2B enterprise software marketing experience including proven success at a fast-growing software company.
- Solid experience with Salesforce with lead generation, scoring, nurturing and reporting.
- BA/BS required. MBA preferred.
- Comfortable working in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Inspirational leader – someone who has ‘been there, done that’ in terms of building and inspiring high-performance teams at all levels in corporate communications, brand and customer marketing.
- Compelling storyteller, capable of taking product capabilities and customer storylines and elevating them to a compelling, brand-level mission.
- Proven experience in building world-class customer marketing programs for customer advocacy and engagement.
- World-class oral, written and visual communicator.
- Excellent cross-functional leader who excels at both high-level thinking and execution.