Director of Product Marketing
If you have a rep for crisp execution of marketing programs, the crispiest, even more than snap, crackle, and pop crispy…
Enjoy bridging the ‘brand divide’ between traditional and digital marketing…
If great diversity of daily work tasks is energizing and you tingle at the checking of checkboxes…
If you have an excellent academic and professional experience pedigree…
Then we’d like to talk with you about joining our team.
The Director of Product Marketing is someone who has a portfolio of skills to deliver on all marketing-related projects including but not limited to content planning and development, digital communications, web site, social media, public relations, campaign management, sales processes facilitation, events and materials for product-related marketing.
Aginity is defining a new category of software at the intersection of big data and analytics, which allows IT, data scientists, and business users to collaborate at scale. Our software product, Aginity Amp is where enterprise data and math live together, making analytics more accessible, consistent, and scalable for on-demand performance.
As a Director of Product Marketing, you will be responsible for telling the world (and the company) the story of our product. You will understand our market, buyers, and product features, and craft the messaging and positioning for our website, sales presentations, trade shows, demo videos, and investor pitches. You’ll also conceive and develop innovative marketing programs that ultimately drive demand.
We’re looking for someone who can become passionate about our product, and help define and communicate our messaging at a strategic and tactical level.
This position reports into our product management organization, and your responsibilities will include the following:
- Partner closely with product managers, sales and executives to define, and then clearly craft and disseminate product positioning and messaging through polished and thoughtful content.
- Communicate the value proposition of our product, and provide training and assets for sales enablement and investor presentations.
- Provide market intelligence by becoming an expert on our buyers and our competition — in a world where direct competition is scarce, and our messaging must make this apparent.
- Be responsible for the product related messaging and content at aginity.com.
- Strategize and assist with marketing campaigns and trade shows.
So that we don’t overlook your writing portfolio, please send your documents to email@example.com with the subject line: Director of Product Marketing.
A marketing professional with 4 – 8 years of experience. Software enterprise experience is preferred. Agency experience in a client facing role is a bonus , as is working with B2B technology/consulting brands with complex offerings
Possess the savoir-faire to ensure that “compelling content” and “high tech” are not oxymoronic.
Able to build close relationships with our “data architects” and “analysts” (which means they are really smart, but are not marketing specialists) to create highly technical but convincing content.
Able to balance consistent on-brand messaging and design guidance with agile sales tool customization and marketing/sales integration work in business development efforts.
A U.S. citizen or permanent resident. We are not yet sponsoring visas.
You Have Knowledge, Skills and Experience Like:
We use the word “like” intentionally. We do not present a comprehensive list of all the skills that might be relevant for our work. We seek long-term players with extensive meta-skills to excel. The right candidate is able to abstract from the samples below to help determine if he/she might be a good fit for Aginity.
- BA in Marketing, Communications or Advertising
- Experience implementing marketing and communication strategies for a B2B professional services company. (This one is non-negotiable) including development and execution of a multi-channel marketing plan.
- Working with agencies and partners to develop marketing strategy, content, materials and programs to support client acquisition, development and sharing/referrals.
- Managing projects and deliverables with a fuzzy whip that keeps all contributors coming back for more.
- Writing and editing presentations, feature stories and articles for multiple media: Web, brochures, newsletters, sales collateral, email campaigns and triggered messages.
- Developing product launch and ongoing marketing materials for an ever evolving product set – creating high impact, accessible communications describing highly complicated and technical products.
- Planning and managing webinars, private events and trade show participation, wrangling resources and assuring pre-, intra- and post-show activities run like clockwork
- Assisting with the preparation of PR and PR 2.0 programs, developing press releases and kits, featuring SME profiles, key topics and stories that resonate in the noisy BIG DATA space, with magnetic appeal and Bowie-like distinction.
- Building and growing social media footprint and engagement through channels like LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
- Knowledge sharing and content marketing leveraging web, social, email and marketing automation tools (e.g. Marketo, Hubspot, ExactTarget).
- Managing direct-response, SEM, lead nurturing and 1:1 marketing programs.
- Managing development and production of digital videos, with a sharp focus on product marketing, visual models and ‘explainers’.
- Developing (and working within) channel partner programs with co-op marketing and sales activities.
- Managing consistent enterprise and product brand perception in line with the broader Aginity marketing plan, especially through digital channels.
- A specialized customer data consultancy that helps companies build and extend analytic solutions and customer insights/understanding. Big Data + Big Math = Customer Intimacy at Scale
- Our approach to building proprietary “customer intelligence appliances” is generating massive growth for Aginity in Fortune 500 companies and venture-backed disrupters alike.
- Collaborative white-collar consultants and business technologists, but most of the time we’re in blue jeans.
- We love what we do, and we laugh a lot.
- Women and men who work to live. We don’t live to work.
- Very technically proficient with a hands-on, teaching-oriented culture.
- Working with some of the biggest brands in the B2C space. We are helping to build strong relationships between our clients and their customers on a daily basis, so we better be able to do it with them first!
- Naturally curious and creative. We treasure our ability to collaborate with a team to solve complex analytic and technical challenges.
- Consultants who travel…sometimes more, sometimes less…but we use collaboration technologies to minimize it which means lots of flexibility for working from home and remotely with offices in Chicago, Minneapolis, Tampa and San Francisco.
- Our turnover rate? The words “truly trivial” come to mind. When you interview with us you will directly experience how and why we have made this so.
Not a recruiting firm, contracting shop, or internal IT organization. 100% of our revenue comes from end-to-end project development work done on behalf of external and demanding clients.
Here’s one more excellent self-descriptor: We do what we say we’re going to do, when we say we are going to do it, for what we say it will cost.