We are looking for a Product Owner to assess the impact, urgency, and priority of issues from customers. Product Owners are a force multiplier to help us shift left on problems before they reach engineering. Research the competitive landscape and use your insights to design new features for our Amp analytics management software.
To excel with Aginity you must crave the opportunity to have your fingerprints all over the company. We are small enough that there are no weeds in which to hide and every person’s contribution counts. We are a Series-A funded company poised for fast growth. We reward well each and every one of our top performers.
This role requires daily presence at our Evanston, Illinois office. If you are not local to metro Chicago but willing to relocate at your expense, please apply.
- We are not sponsoring a visa for this role.
- We are not considering corp-to-corp or 3rd party candidates.
- Build relationships with customers and stakeholders to understand their priorities.
- Uncover underlying causes that are driving customer requests through detailed analysis.
- Evangelize prospective customers about new features and assist the sales process.
- Elicit feedback for new UI designs and translate them to requirements.
- Design software features, including user experience, ontology, standards.
- Identify UI best practices and feature gaps from similar products in the marketplace.
- Create artifacts including user stories, business rules, flow charts, and low-fidelity wireframes.
- Share how features impact customers with engineering team.
- Collaborate with developers to estimate cost and decompose stories.
- Perform final acceptance testing to ensure product meetings requirements.
- Manage product backlog, prioritize defects, define release scope and report status.
- Two years of experience as Business Analyst, Product Manager, or Product Owner but no more than five years of experience in your professional career. Our salary range for this position is for early career professionals.
- Demonstrates excellent written and spoken English language skills.
- Background in Agile practices and tools (Kanban, continuous delivery, WIP optimization, Jira).
- Experience with diagramming and prototyping tools like UXPin, Visio, Lucidchart.
- Familiarity with SQL, shell scripting, Scala, Python, machine learning, microservices architecture, Hadoop technology, and web interfaces are plus.
- Aginity corporate headquarters are in suburban Chicago and this role requires daily presence at the office but includes occasional work-at-home privileges.