Consumer Insights, Powered by Analytics Management
With Aginity Amp, a leading personalized digital media company can launch new analytic products to meet client needs.
A global leader in personalized digital media, with $1 billion in annual revenue, engaged Aginity to increase its ability to launch and manage analytics-based products and services for its clients.
The company monitors 8 billion consumer loyalty accounts and 800 billion POS transactions per year for the world’s top consumer goods brands and retailers. Analysts working in various geographic locations, used separate applications. This led to inconsistencies in results and inefficient analytic processes. Both factors affected the company’s ability to introduce and promote new analytic offerings.
In several projects, Aginity experts demonstrated the business value of the approach to analytics management that Aginity Amp enables.
For example, when adding a new analytic product, Amp replaced the need to cut-and-paste hundreds of lines of SQL code with a simple API call. This reduced the chance of introducing errors, increasing the consistency of results. And because analytics were processed within the company’s MPP (massively parallel processing) environment, Amp accelerated the delivery of analytic output.
Aginity also showed how to create an omni-channel view by combining data describing offline and online consumer behavior in Amp. From this data, thousands of characteristics were created and tested using the company’s statistical and modeling tools. Because the project was carried out in an Amp “sandbox,” minimal support from IT was needed.
In the projects described above, Amp was deployed on the IBM® PureData™ System for Analytics, powered by Netezza technologies. But analytic results can also be deployed to an Apache™ Hadoop® environment.
- Lack of analytics reuse led to duplicated efforts, added costs
- Inconsistencies in analytic results impacted innovation
- Enhancing existing analytic products was difficult
- Aginity Amp™ software chosen to catalog data and analytics, enabling reuse and worldwide management and governance
- A commercialization strategy to put Amp at the core of building, testing and deploying analytic products to the company’s sales force
- Targeted efficiency gains of 250 hours/year per analyst (100+ worldwide)
- New analytic rules deployed to computing framework in one-third the time
- New data sources and consumer characteristics can be added quickly and with less reliance on IT